How to Prepare
In order for your time in the office to be as smooth and efficient as possible, please follow these guidelines.
- Bring a photo I.D. and copy of MRI reports, if any. Masks are recommended.
- Once in the office you will be provided forms to fill out such as consent for your permission to do the test, a questionnaire regarding your complaints, how the injury occurred and other basic information. Forms may be emailed to be filled out ahead of time, upon request.
- Inform the technician or doctor of any medications you may be taking whether it is prescription, over-the-counter or herbal.
- Dress comfortably and allow easy access to areas needed to be tested. Depending on the extremities being tested, wear loose fitted clothes or bring with you a short-sleeved shirt and/or shorts to change into.
- Jewelry, hearing aids, cell phones and other metal like objects may be asked to be removed to prevent interference with the conduction.
- Take a shower to remove excess oil from your skin. Do not use lotions or oils before the exam.